Gladstone Local Services
Gladstone ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Gladstone site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Gladstone Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Gladstone When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Gladstone Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Gladstone Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Gladstone ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Gladstone and a Place to Meet
The gladstone.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Gladstone
Gladstone is a city located in the Australian state of Queensland, situated approximately 550 km north of the state capital, Brisbane. Here are some interesting facts about Gladstone:
1. Gladstone Harbour is the fifth largest multi-commodity port in Australia. It is responsible for the export of a range of primary products such as coal, alumina, and LNG.
2. Gladstone was named after William Ewart Gladstone, who was a four-time British Prime Minister between 1868 and 1894. He had no direct involvement with the city but was a staunch promoter of British colonies.
3. Gladstone is home to the largest alumina refinery in the world, with a capacity of over four million tonnes per year.
4. Two of Queensland's major islands—Curtis Island and Facing Island—are located within Gladstone Harbour.
5. Gladstone is known for its stunning beaches, which attract tourists from all over Australia. Some of the most popular include Tannum Sands and Boyne Island.
6. The city is home to many of Queensland's important National Parks, including the Heron Island National Park and Deepwater National Park.
7. Gladstone is also famous for its multi-billion dollar LNG plant, which exports liquefied natural gas to Japan and other countries in Asia. The plant has been operational since 2015.
8. The Gladstone City Library, located in the heart of the city, has won numerous awards for its innovative services and facilities.
9. Gladstone's economy is heavily reliant on the resources sector. Major players in the region include Rio Tinto, Santos, and Origin Energy.
10. The Gladstone region is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including more than 1,000 species of plants and 350 species of birds. It is also home to a variety of marine life, including turtles and dugongs.